ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-03 > 1141920906

From: "Angie" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Thanks
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:15:06 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Hey Everyone,
I recently ask for help with a census look up for 1920 St. Louis Mo. I had
many people reply to my request and I would like to thank you. I would
especially like to thank Kathy Canaday. You have went above & beyond with
helping me all of this week and I do really appreciate it. THANK YOU.

I am researching the surname LAGARCE for a friend. His family has been in
the St. Louis area for a very long time. The earliest records I have so far
is the 1920 Census that everyone helped me with.

The earliest individual I have is:

JOHN LAGARCE born 1883 in Kansas
Married a MARGARET ???? born 1879 Illinois

Children:
EDWARD born 1915 Mo. died 1969 Mo.
OSCAR born 1916 Mo. died 1984 Mo.
JOHN A. born 1919 Mo. died 1973 Mo.
possibly 2 other kids

The 3 boys were put in Orphanages by the 1930 St. Louis Mo. census
The parents John & Margaret are living in St. Louis - no children- by the
1930 St. Louis census.

There isn't a LAGARCE message board or mailing list. So, if anyone is
researching the LARGARCE surname - early 1900's (possibly earlier) in the ST
LOUIS MISSOURI area, I would love to hear from you.
I found a lady on a St. Louis Genealogy website, I emailed her, it came back
undeliverable. Just my luck!!!

Anyway, Thanks again for the help. I am always open to any ideas or help.
Have a great day.

Angie (from a very rainy) SE Missouri

This thread: