ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-05 > 1146497643

From: "S. M. Schlack" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: To Submit or Not Submit, that is the question.
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:34:03 -0400

Dear Carol,
I am glad to contribute information to RootsWeb, because they have made so
much free information available to so many of us. I only ask people to
contact me about downloading my GEDCOM, because I have posted other people's
research.

I subscribe to Ancestry for US Census only. I was dismayed to search their
site and find my RootsWeb WorldConnect info blocked to me! They give no
indication that it is ***freely available*** at RootsWeb. That is
misleading. I was angry and told them to remove my GEDCOM, but that removed
it from RootsWeb, too. I have since reposted it.

I have been an Ancestry customer for several years now. I am very unhappy
about Ancestry's "subscription-only" access to my free WorldConnect data at
RootsWeb.

Susan Schlack

This thread: