ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-07 > 1153163934

From: "Sheila Aranyos" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Missing Bible OH-PA
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:18:54 -0600

In my gggm Rachel Dougherty (or Doty) Lindsay Calley Pascal's obituary in 1894, it states that she could not prove her age to be 101 since she lent the family bible to her son-in-law and he died before returning it. In OH, Rachel Dougherty Lindsey had four children during her marriage to Oliver Lindsey. My ggf Oliver Lindsey was the fourth since he was born shortly after his father's death. We do not know the other children's names. Rachel later married James Calley and after he died she married Louis Pascal. There are no children reported from the other marriages. She died in McKeesport, PA at the reported age of 101. The obituary mentions that she died in her daughter, Mrs. James Jones' home. I do not know if this is a mistatement or not. My grandmother was Mrs. James (Annie) Jones but she was Rachel's granddaughter not daughter. The obituary states that Rachel's father is John Dougherty, a Quaker from Philadelphia that moved to OH in the late 1700's and another !
source states her mother is Elizabeth. If any of this is familiar to anyone, please let me know. Finding one of my ggf Oliver's siblings would be great.

Sheila Aranyos

Sheila Aranyos

Sheila Aranyos

This thread: