ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-07 > 1154154144

From: "Mary Putman" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Information on Ancestry
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:22:24 -0700

While searching census at the computer a couple of days ago about 11:30pm, I had a notice that Ancestry was shutting down for a few hours to upgrade some items. I didn't particularly like it when they upgraded before. Since that upgrade, If I type in a name, time period, and state, all that comes up is everyone by that name in every state! I have to then scroll through about 10 pages of data before I find the person and state I need. Frustrating and very time-consuming! I'm still with Ancestry, but I'll see what happens in the future. When they upgraded last time, they surely did "fowl up" reading any of the newspaper items. Mary P.

This thread: