ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-08 > 1156333619

From: "Prytula, Karen" <>
Subject: RE: [ROOTS-L] Re: ROOTS-L Digest V06 #369
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:46:59 -0400

Fred / Cathy

I'm in the same boat. I help people with their genealogy in my spare time. I now have over 140 unread email messages in my in-bin...I have had to stop sending acknowledgements to the senders. I found my whole evenings were spent just sending notes saying " I have received your email and will work on your request as soon as I can". Next thing you know your spare time is up, and I've got nothing accomplished.

I do think you should re-send your letter. Along with your email address, include your mailing address and phone #. Does your newspaper have a website, you might find an actual contact name and number on it. Better still, you might want to phone the newspaper directly and inquire. They might be able to tell you right away that NO, they don't have an archives of the obituaries BUT might be able to direct you to exactly where you can find them.

Karen Prytula