ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-10 > 1161178466

From: Joan Bancroft <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Advertising Gen. Soc. resources
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:34:26 -0700 (PDT)

I belong to a Genealogical Society/Library in Paradise, California. It's in Butte Co.,and is about 10 miles from Oroville, the county seat. It is also about the same distance from Chico, the location of California State Univ., Chico. Needless to say, in addition to our Library's holdings, we have access to the Library at the University and to the records at the court house in Oroville.

My question is this:
On the Butte Co., Mail list, I have posted messages several times suggesting that people contact the Library about records they say they are searching for. They don't seem to pay any attention to these posts. I have answered people personally and suggested they contact the library and they don't respond.

I have seen messages from others suggesting our Library and people don't react to them either

Can anyone suggest SOMETHING that might get the attention of researchers? We are listed on the BUTTE COUNTY GENWEB page and I've also posted on ROOTS, and several Message Boards.

We recently began indexing about 50,000 obits that are housed in card files at OUR Library and it seems almost ridiculous to continue if they're not going to be used.

This thread: