ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-11 > 1163038920

Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] ROOTS Digest, Vol 1, Issue 110
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:22:00 EST

Indeed that was a very tasteless joke by the disc jockey. A friend of mine
heard it on the radio and maybe could not have told the difference between
truth and joking. It is/was probably another case of a shock jock trying to
talk garbage to get his ratings up, a Howard Stern wanna-be. Someone should
slap him silly and fine him a few hundred dollars.

Marilyne, on your question about what should be done with old stones that
are being replaced: a friend of mine restores old headstones said one option
was to leave the old stone in place with the new stone placed either in front
of or behind it. I've seen several done like that in an old cemetery where my
great grandparents are buried.
Julee

In a message dated 11/8/2006 11:00:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,