ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1200491709

Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Family History
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:55:09 EST

Robert-

Then you didn't submit your data to RootsWeb (you submitted it to Ancestry
World Tree or Online Family Tree) or you are talking (as Kirsten suggested)
about One World Tree and not your original family tree housed at WorldConnect.
You have complete control over a WorldConnect (RootsWeb submitted) family
tree and can update or delete it at any time.

If you are talking about One World Tree (which is a search engine and like
any other search engine must be reindexed to be kept current) it has now been
updated.

Joan
Robert Blair wrote:

" My data was on Rootsweb for several years. Ancestry changed some of their
policies. The consequence of which was that I could no longer update my
data.

In fact I could not delete my data and the only response I got from Rootsweb
was that is too bad. They did not care enough to get the problem fixed."