ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2008-09 > 1220620048

From: Melissa Barker <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Retaining Spelling while transcribing
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:07:28 -0500

Jim,

When I transcribe old documents I transcribe them exactly as they are with all the errors, even simple spelling errors. However, I make notes of the errors and then I type up a short addition to add to the transcription outlining the errors. It is very important to keep the old documents in their original form and wording.

Sincerely,Melissa BarkerGenealogist for Tennessee and KentuckyWebsite: www.freewebs.com/genealogyservices/