ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2008-10 > 1224867920

From: "Kith-n-Kin" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] ROOTS Digest, Vol 3, Issue 645
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:05:20 -0700

Thanks, Renate -- I took another look and do, indeed, see the blip to the right of the upstroke. The old eyes aren't what they used to be. This is also an example of "your brain sees what it thinks it should see," I "saw" the C on Carl as an E partially because a German Carl would frequently be Karl, soooo.

For others looking, the URL should be: http://www.usgennet.org/family/smoot/germanhand/ (the "dot" is now a "slash")

Here’s another.

http://www.handwriting.org/images/copybook/Germany/1938deu1.gif

I'm going to also use this one on a handwritten name I have that needs to be "revisited."

I really shouldn't do this when I'm in a hurry.

Pat