ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2008-12 > 1229217367

From: "Kith-n-Kin" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] The Six Black Presidents
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:16:07 -0700

And, I would like to say that if any/all of this is "provable" it should be.
And, if not proven, it should be set out as an hypothesis. Or, hypotheses,
since each president should deserve his own research, I'd think.

No genealogist worth his/her salt would even think to provide the level of
"proof" that's given in these books. Things such as "her family name was
Moor, therefore she was black." Oh, puhleeze. One of Jefferson's rivals said
"you're black." Wow, considering what my rivals have said about me, if
that's all it takes....

Here's some interesting reading for you.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/370296.html

Pat (in Tucson)