ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2009-05 > 1241887196

Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] N. Grigsby - Died April 16, 1890
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 12:39:56 EDT

Elizabeth and others who helped me. I have answered each one of you but
decided to also post this particular message to Roots.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, I really appreciate your efforts.

At the time I asked the question I had no idea as to what state or even
what cemetery the stone was located in.

Since then I have found the following..........

The Tombstone is that of
Nathaniel Grigsby
Born: November 11, 1811
Died: April 16, 1890
Military: Civil War: Enlisted January 8, 1864; (Age 53 - Gentryville,
Indiana)
Discharged October 18, 1864 (Age 54)
2nd Lt. - G Company, 10th Indiana Cavalry
Buried: Attica Cemetery, Harper County, Kansas.

The tombstone is already on line in that cemetery thru Find-A-Grave and
the only thing I did was send a message that the gentleman's first name was
Nathaniel (since it had only the initial N. on the tombstone).
Thanks, Gretchen

In a message dated 5/9/2009 9:16:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,