ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2009-06 > 1244394830

From: "juanita" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] D-DAY INFORMATION
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:13:50 -0500

Florence,

Veterans and family members of veterans may go on line to
request copies of the DD-214, the official Defense Department
document of separation from the military service. To request the
document, go to the National Archives and Records Administration Web
site,

http://www.archives.gov/research_room/vetrecs/
(click on Veterans Service Records)
This document will have your husband's military information,

Also see:

http://www.militaryindexes.com/worldwartwo/

http://www.wwiimemorial.com/

http://www.archives.gov/research/ww2/index.html

A suggestion: You might post his name to see if a veteran of WW II
may recall details of your husband's military service.

juanita

> I am looking for information regarding an advanced liason group that
> went ashore in France (site unknown to me) prior to D-Day invasion.
>
> My husband told of having been in an advanced liason group. Their
> mission was to silence anything they came in contact with.
> Unfortunately, he did not say where they went ashore.
>
> I know about the 82nd Airborne having been dropped around midnight
> before the invasion. However, my husband was infantry and not
> airborne.
>
> At the time, I did not ask questions, and now it is too late. My
> son desires the information.
>
> I once read about a group quietly surveying the coastline prior to
> the invasion. They did not go ashore and returned to England.
>
> I realize the number of GIs still alive from D-Day is dwindling.
> Just hoping someone can help.
>
> Florence Secor
> St Petersburg, FL

This thread: