ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2012-01 > 1327208816

Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Post-em Notes again
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:06:56 -0500 (EST)

Post-ems are maintained in a separate database from the GEDCOMs. The
Post-ems are linked to individuals in the file by means of the unique ID number
attached to each individual in the file. Some genealogy programs (on your
computer---used to create your database and the GEDCOM you upload) retain the
IDs even if you change individuals in the database when editing a file,
while others do not. If the IDs remain the same the Post-ems will still be
attached and if they are not the Post-ems will still exist but will be
detached from the individual.

Joan
PS: You can always contact the RootsWeb HelpDesk about having the wayward
Post-ems deleted.

In a message dated 1/21/2012 11:29:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,