ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2003-03 > 1046998787

From: Laurie Nelson <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] RootsMagic Explorer
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 17:59:47 -0700

Lawrence, it could be that your date field has an extra space or something
that you didn't enter in the search (same with the surname). I haven't had
any problem with RM Explorer, but I have found that it usually works better
with "contains" instead of "equals" as the condition. That takes care of
any extra spaces or other anomalies you might not be aware of.

One way you could check whether this is a problem is to go to the birth
date of 3 Feb 1941, copy it, and paste it into the Explorer search field.

Hope this helps.

Laurie

>For some reason, RootsMagic Explorer is not functioning properly. I
>followed the help instructions by entering "Birth date" in the "Field to
>search", "equals" in the "Condition" and "3 Feb 1941" in the "Search
>for" and it finds nothing. I checked, and verified, that there in fact
>was a birth date of 3 Feb 1941 in at least one entry. I used other
>variations of the date and condition and it found nothing. I tried other
>facts, such as "surname" with a known surname in my database and got
>nothing. There have been other instances of erratic behavior of the
>Explorer but I didn't realize it until now. If I'm not using the proper
>procedure, please let me know.

This thread: