ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2003-11 > 1068361371

From: "B. Kelly-Bly" <>
Subject: RE: [RMagic] Another problem with the Narrative Report
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:02:51 -0500

Thank you all for the replies. Based on your hints, I went back to the
database to see what I had done wrong. Here's what I found. (with egg on my
face)

1. Create a fact type that has a long name of SocialSecurityNumber and a
short name of SocSecNo (this was a holdover from another program). Now enter
all the social security numbers in the built-in fact type
2. Have two databases open
3. Change the checkbox for SocialSecurityNumber in the database that you are
not going to produce the narrative from (thinking that it's the correct one)
4. Do some work in that database and then switch over to the database you
are using for the narrative, make some corrections in it, produce a
narrative and wonder why the check boxes that you unchecked didn't take.

I've now moved all the SSN's that were attached to the user defined fact to
the built in fact and deleted the user defined fact. I'm also making sure
I'm only working in one database at a time.

Thank you for your help.

Brianne