ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2005-02 > 1107491175

From: "Allan Plucinik" <>
Subject: RE: [RMagic] Keyboard shortcut keys
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:26:21 -0700

This is NOT necessarily a complete list of all possible hot keys but this is
what I've found in the way of hot keys through experimentation:

First, in any screen, if you press the ALT key, one letter of all menu
choices will be underlined if that menu choice has an associated hot key.

HOT KEYS AVAILABLE IN MAIN SCREEN

Ctrl+B Bookmark people
Ctrl+F Bring up the RootsMagic Explorer
Ctrl+Shift+F Bring up a list of families in the database
Ctrl+I Search Internet sites for a person in your database
Ctrl+HOME Go to Root Person
Ctrl+H Bring up the search and replace dialog box
Ctrl+N Create a new database
Ctrl+O Open an existing database
Ctrl+P Print a Report (Bring up a list of available reports)
Ctrl+V View immediate family of highlighted person
ENTER key Edit the highlighted person
Ctrl+ENTER Edit the highlighted family
Del Delete the highlighted person
Ctrl+Del Delete the highlighted family from the database
Ctrl+L Enter or edit LDS Ordinances for the highlighted person

I Key Add an unlinked person
S Key Add spouse to highlighted person
P Key Add parents to highlighted person
C Key Add a child to highlighted person

F1 List HELP Topics
F7 Run Spell Check
ESC Exit any dialog box without Saving

IN EDIT PERSON WINDOW

Alt+G Open General Tab
Alt+I Edit Fact Multimedia
Alt+L Checkmark/Unmark Living Flag
Alt+M Open Multimedia Tab
Alt+N Open Notes Tab
Alt+R Open Address Tab
Alt+T Open To Do Tab
Alt+U Edit Fact sources

Ctrl+H Delete highlighted text in a field
Ctrl+X Delete highlighted text in a field

EDIT PERSON -- NOTES TAB

Ctrl+[ Exit Edit Notes Window
Ctrl+ + or Ctrl+ - Key Toggle to increase/decrease font size from normal
to very very small font or vice versa. (ALT+Backspace does the same thing)
Ctrl+5 Set line spacing of selected text to double-space
Ctrl+A Select all Text in the Note
Ctrl+B Convert selected text to BOLD or convert BOLD text to normal
Ctrl+C Copy selected text to clipboard
Ctrl+F Bring up FIND dialog Box
Ctrl+H Find and Replace Dialog Box
Ctrl+I Italicize selected text
Ctrl+J Delete highlighted text
Ctrl+L Left-Justify highlighted text
Ctrl+M Delete highlighted text
Ctrl+O Bring up "Text File to Import" dialog box
Ctrl+R Right Justify highlighted text
Ctrl+T Bring up character Map
Ctrl+U Underline selected text
Ctrl+V Paste selected text from the clipboard
Ctrl+W Wordrap selected text
Ctrl+X Delete highlighted text and copy it to the clipboard
Ctrl+Z Undo last action

IN EDIT PERSON -- GENERAL TAB

Alt+A Add a FAct Type
Alt+D Delete highlighted fact
Alt+E Edit highlighted Fact
Alt+F Create or edit note for highlighted fact
Alt+S Edit sourc eof highlighted Fact

IN EDIT PERSON -- SOURCES TAB

Alt+A Same as Add a new source Button
Alt+D Same as Delete Citation Button
Alt+E Same as Edit Source Button
Alt+I Same as Edit Details Button
Alt+P Same as Paste Button
Alt+X Same as Add existing source Button
Alt+Z Same as Memorize Button

IN EDIT PERSON -- MULTIMEDIA TAB

Alt+A Add scrapbook item
Alt+B Scroll back thru scrapbook items
Alt+D Delete scrapbook item
Alt+M Scroll forward through scrapbook items

Alt+O Due to a bug, this hot key has two possible functions which conflict
with one another:
Same as OK button

Alt+P Print Photo
Alt+V View/edit scrapbook item