ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2005-09 > 1126485656

From: Alfred Eller <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] New RootsMagic Build 3.0.2
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:40:56 -0500

Tom Cloud wrote:

>I thought it preserved all of my previous RM settings?
>
>I just installed RM 3.02 over 1.04 and none of my "Options"
>settings are preserved. It is only frustrating to me, but
>I suspect it will cause someone less savvy a lot of grief.

No, it doesn't preserve the program options from former versions because
the RootsMagic.INI file is stored in a different place than the Windows
folder where it used to be.

That is so that it is easier for someone other than the administrator
can run the program without running into authorization problems. (I
think. )

--

Alfred D. Eller
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~adelr/index.htm