Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2007-03 > 1173182934

From: Arild Kompelien <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] People without a Surname
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:08:54 +0100

I have read many solutions on how to record a person without a surname.
But I don't quite understand what the problem is.

In my Norwegian genealogy the situation is that common people (earlier)
didn't have a surname (only a given name and a patronym). I see only one
solution to this. Since they had no surname, I don't record any surname.

Shouldn't that be the simple solution. When we find no surname, we can't
record any surname until we hopefully find one. Does that create a problem?

Arild Kompelien

This thread: