ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2007-03 > 1173199779

From: BJORKMAN <>
Subject: [RMagic] People without a Surname - father
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:49:39 -0500

I have a slightly different twist on this theme. Rather than not knowing a
spouses surname there are often cases of children born out of wedlock where
the father's name is usually unknown. I put "Unknown" in the Surname box of
the father and the words "father of " but without the parentheses, followed
by the child's given name in the Suffix box.

eg. Katherina is born to Jacobine BOHRMANN, but the father of Katherine is
unknown. Using the above approach the following words appear in the
father's box. Unknown father of Katherina.

Bob Bjorkman

This thread: