ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2007-04 > 1177246443

From: "Paul Studly" <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] Open Reports
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 08:54:03 -0400

>>What we are trying to say is that we have all the options in
RootsMagic and (for me) in my file options for Windows --
set to open automatically in Notepad, or Acrobat reader, or
what ever, but before they can be opened, we need to save
the report to a folder, then open them in the program
wanted. RootsMagic is not automatically opening them in the
program that we select. I do not mind, as I want to save a
copy, so this works for me. However, Norma wants the report
to open without having to save it first. Joy Gulden<<

While I appreciate that what is being desired is a choice to
Open or Save the newly created txt file
I have found that saving all such txt files under the filename
TMP
Works easily enough, and avoids the accumulation of files one does not care
about except for long enough to incorporate into an email. I.E., since each
new file named TMP overwrites the previous TMP file, there is no
accumulation of files and consistently using TMP as a filename avoids having
to think about what to name the temporary file.

Paul A. Studly
Cleveland/Chesterland, OH

This thread: