ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2007-10 > 1192206883

From: "AGFranks" <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] RootsMagic- To All and to the McRee searcher
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:38:04 -0600

Hi All:

Just for kicks while eating my bowl of cereal I looked to see what I could
find on McRee - this can be done for many names as it appears that all roads
eventually lead to California. Since McRee is the only name I've seen of
interest to someone, I chose to go see what I could find. The California
Search I did use my subscription to see what there was.

I checked Obits-Archives at Rootsweb and there are a total of 155 entries.
I checked Legacy and there are 88 entries for McRee.
McRee births in California 88 entries
CA Births with mothers being McRee 108 entries
CA Deaths McRee 51 entries
CA Deaths with fathers McRee 15 entries
CA Deaths with mothers McRee 35 entries
CA Marriages bridgegrooms McRee 22 entries 1960-1968
CA Marriages brides McRee 24 entries

>From the Rootsweb Archives http://archiver.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/search
McRee has 2,097 matches from 32,236,167 documents! They are from all sorts
of various places.

So for a matter of 5 minutes time I found this much on-line without
resorting to WorldVitalRecords, or Ancestry.com! I do not subscribe to
WorldVitalRecords, so I won't comment on them only to say that they are new
and as time goes on they will no doubt get better at what they have to offer
to the subscriber.

Regards,
Alison Franks
Archivist, Rawson Family Association