ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2008-10 > 1224000592

From: Sue Maxwell <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] RootsMagic Report help
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:09:52 -0600

There are a couple of ways of doing this.

1) Go to Reports, Lists, Place List
Select All Places - In reverse order
Save to a word processor in rtf format.
Delete everything up to Ohio, Highland and everything after.

2) Go to Reports, Lists, Individual List
Do selected people
Create
Mark people, select by data fields
Any fact place
Contains
Highland Co., Ohio (this works if every time you entered "Highland Co."
you did it exactly the same way. It won't work if you did some of them
"Highland, Ohio", without the "Co.", or without the period. You would
need to fix those separately or globally. Or you could just do
"Highland", but then you might get "Highland, Utah, or any other
location with Highland in it.)
Click on include facts for person (if you turn this check mark off then
the list will only give you names of people and nothing else.)
OK, OK

Sue

Leslie Lawson wrote:
> I'd like a report based on the following. I can go into the
> Search>Person List. At the bottom I can pick "Find" and tell the
> program I want every entry that contains Highland Co. How can I print
> the report with this information? To be clear I want more than just the
> entries Highland Co., Ohio. I also want Marshall, Highland Co. and
> Fairfield, Highland Co. and all the rest of the little towns that are in
> this particular county. Or is this type of search something to be
> added to the wish list?
>
> How can I simply create this report?
> Leslie Lawson

This thread: