Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2009-05 > 1243450726

From: "Laurie Nelson" <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] Optional Help Needed
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:58:46 -0600
References: <>
In-Reply-To: <>

For now, if they have the father's surname, then list them as children of
the father and an unknown wife. Otherwise, list them as children of the
mother and an unknown husband. If you eventually find them (in a census
maybe?), you can correct it.

Without knowing the timeframe and the location you're talking about, I can
only give you some general ideas as to how to find them. Look for them in
the census. Maybe even look for the mother's first name with the
half-brother's surname in the census. If you have access to death
certificates, look there. Look for birth indexes. It's hard to give you
specific ideas without knowing more about the circumstances. You might also
try the GenMethods list for help. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable people


Laurie Nelson

From: "Jon P Czarowitz" <>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:45 AM
To: <>
Subject: [RMagic] Optional Help Needed

> I have the probate record of a man who had several sons and daughters. In
> it the will is given in full. The puzzling fact is he gives $100 to his
> Half Brother (named) and his 2 Half sisters (both named).
> The problem is I don't have a record of them being the children of his
> Father and Mother's marriage or of either by another marriage.
> Question: How would I list them and how do I find their natural parents???
> Jon P Czarowitz
> CCUSA National Genealogist
> TX - RootsMagic Users Network
> New RootsMagic 4

This thread: