ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2010-04 > 1272586364

From: Charlie Hoffpauir <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] Creating Narrative Report Problem
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:12:44 -0500

On 4/29/2010 6:51 PM, Yvonne Strong wrote:
> Laura,
>
> Interesting enough I can save my RTF file to Open Office with RM 3 no
> problem whatsoever. So, I guess my next question is does anyone have a
> solution other than my changing programs or going back to RM 3?
>
> Appreciate your help.
>
> Yvonne
>
> On 4/29/2010 3:58 PM, Laura Beeman wrote:
>
>> It isn't anything you are doing. This is a known problem with Open
>> Office's programing for .rtf files.
>> Laura
>> ---
>>

>> I am new to RootsWeb 4. I am having problems saving my narrative report
>> in RTF file format in Open Office.

Yvonne,

I have Word, so I can't duplicate your problem, but have a suggestion.
Try opening your rtf file with Wordpad (it comes with every version of
Windows, I think), save it as rtf from Wordpad (perhaps giving it a new
name as well), then try opening it with OpenOffice. If that works, post
back and let us know.

--
Charlie Hoffpauir
Message board: