ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2011-03 > 1300246081

From: "George W. Durman" <>
Subject: [RMagic] Narrative Report Problem
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:08:49 -0500

Tonight, I discovered something when creating a Narrative
Report.

If children are listed for a couple, but no birth information is
entered (no date or place), AND the Living box is UNCHECKED,
when doing a Narrative Report for the father or mother, the
children's names are not listed, just child number.

I just realized that I have many, many couples with children
where the children's dates and places of birth are not known.
These are children who most certainly are deceased since
their parents married in the 17th, 18th, and 19th Centuries.

I suppose that now when printing out Narrative Reports for
any of the parents, no children will be listed. Is this a bug
or is it deliberate?

People marked as Living also don't show up in the Narrative
Report. I can understand people's names not showing up in
a database posted on the Internet because of security reasons
when they are marked as Living, but when creating a report for
family consumption, it seems to me that one should have the
choice of whether they appear.

The same problem doesn't appear when creating a Descen-
dant List or a Family Group Sheet, just appears in a Narrative
report.

Thanks,
Sarge

My Germanna Database at Rootsweb: