ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2011-04 > 1301969603

From: Steve Campbell <>
Subject: Re: [RMagic] Dropbox integration with RootsMagic
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:13:23 -0400

Tom,

Your suggestion is a good workaround - kind of like using Sharepoint
for those who are familiar with that application. I think I remember
in one of the RM4 Webinars that Bruce demonstrated how to easily
change the location of your database file, in fact, it was probably in
the same one where he talked about Dropbox. This is like me using RM
To Go; I've noticed when I use that and then sync that Dropbox only
has one update.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Others have seen similar problems
as described in this thread. The respondent who mentioned she would
see a red x on the Dropbox folder icon, but doesn't see it any more
after upgrading to Dropbox 1.0.20 matches my experience - I've never
seen the red x - and the first version I downloaded from Dropbox was
1.0.20. I don't know when this latest version of Dropbox came out,
but if others are seeing the red x with older versions of Dropbox,
then something must have changed.

Just to reiterate - I'm using RM 4.1.1.1, Dropbox 1.0.20 on two
computers, one with Windows 7 and one with Windows XP.

-Steve