ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2012-02 > 1328373998

From: Richard Marek <>
Subject: [RMagic] Can I Use My Sources This Way?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:46:48 -0600

Hi all,

I am migrating from another program. In using RootMagic I would like to
create a specific source for each document I have. Say, for my birth
certificate I would like to create a source which contains all the
details for that document. As it seems now I am having to create a
Master Source for say, "Birth Certificate in a local area and then when
I cite it I have to add the details every time I use it. As I started to
say, I would like to add every detail to the source when I create it. In
the help file I found the idea that RootsMagic uses a "happy medium"
approach to this idea.

Would I have to create a modified Source Template that would create a
very Specific kind of source or, am I just "missing the method" all
together?

Help and thanks,

Rich

This thread: