ROOTSMAGIC-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTSMAGIC-USERS > 2012-03 > 1331512497

From: BRCogburn <>
Subject: [RMagic] Help for making a report for tax purposes
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:34:46 -0800

I sent this ticket to MechCad:

I'm trying to make a report showing individual monthly
payments by payee and sub category for charity deductibles
for upcoming taxes. The category is Charity Donations and
the sub is Deductible. I've attached a report I used to make
in Microsoft Money to illustrate what I need. I really need
it in this format to be able to check for receipts, confirm
that only deductibles are included, and be able to easily
retrieve the backup should I be audited. I can't find a way
to do it with any of the Category report options no matter
how I filter. None of the suggested knowledge base articles
seem remotely related to this question.

I submitted the ticket so I could send an attachment showing
what I needed and received the following answer below which
seems to indicate that it's not possible but suggests
asking the Yahoo group. I have never been able to access
that group. Though I dislike Yahoo I did try once again to
create an account. They now require personal information
which is entirely unnecessary, (birthdate and gender)
and I'm not willing to do that. Since I can't send an
attachment to groups, this is an example of what I need.

January Meals on Wheels
Bank Pay 50.00
Texas Womans
University Chk4094 _100.00_

Total 250.00

February Museum of Tolerance
Chk4250 150.00
Smile Train
Bank Pay _250.00_

Total 400.00

Etc. It's really very simple. If it's possible to do this
kind of report in Ace Money, I would really appreciate help
on how to do it.

Barbara Cogburn

*
*