ROSCOMMON-L Archives

Archiver > ROSCOMMON > 2001-05 > 0990473339

From: "richard_clift" <>
Subject: [Roscommon-l] GLANCY/ TIGHE
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 20:28:59 +0100

I am looking for any information on James Glancy born 1825 in Roscommon son
of Francis Glancy. James became High Sheriff of Roscommon. He had two
children by Mary Tighe born 1831 called Thomas and John. He was also married
to Julia kinahan by whom he had 5 children. It is unclear as to whether he
ever married Mary Tighe as he was definitely married to Julia when Mary
Tighe died. He either had two wives or one was only a wife in name and
style. They were from the Ballintober area we think.

regards

Richard Clift