ROSCOMMON-L Archives

Archiver > ROSCOMMON > 2001-05 > 0990662806

From: "Francine G. Weeks" <>
Subject: [Roscommon-l] Anyone looking for BEIRN(E) family members?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:06:46 -0400

I've lost track of all of my BEIRN (also spelled BERN, BYRNE, BEIRNE and O'BEIRN) ancestors after my gr-gr-grandmother Elizabeth married Thomas GAVIKAN (also spelled GAVIKEN, GAVICAN and GAVIKIN) at St. Joseph's Church in 1812.
Of their six sons, whom I was able to document through their baptismal records, I know that Robert emigrated to Quebec in 1847, and settled in Boston, MA.
I have also learned that the names of BEIRN(E) and GAVICAN were Americanized to BURNS and GAVAGAN here in the U.S.
Is anyone else looking for BEIRN(E) ancestors from County Roscommon?
Thank you.
Fran Weeks

Also seeking: Sullivan, O'Connor, McElroy, Carroll, Tague (Montague), Fish and Woolley

This thread: