ROSE-L Archives

Archiver > ROSE > 2006-06 > 1149793449

From: "Margrett McCorkle" <>
Subject: Rose Family Bulletin
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:04:09 -0700

Hello all Rose on the Mail list:
I just received today the Rose Family Bulletin and was so happy to see the front page with the Sons of James Rose. Contributed by Harry Rose of Ohio.
This as all know is a very confusing group of Roses.
But I believe ties into my line. Just have not found just how. I would love to exchange info with Harry Rose if you are on line and perhaps see this Post.
As you all probably know by now I descend from :
unknown MR. Rose and his wife Didama Rose. who were in McMinn, Sevier, Cocke, & Polk co. TN.
It is believed by some Mr. Rose and wife Didama were the parents of Green Lee W. Rose who was b. ca.1805-1810 in TN. who was married to Lydia Black and Charity Taylor.
They being the parents of James Rose, on the front cover of the Bulletin.
In the 1830 census of McMinn Co. TN.
There is listed a Samuel Rose age 30-40
1 female age 30-40
2 males 0-5
2 females 0-5
2 females 5-10
I have reason to believe this is my UNKNOWN Mr. Rose
I'd like to know if anyone on the list claims this family or has proved this family further. As this is the last time this Samuel Rose appears on any census in TN.
My unknown Mr. Rose was stated as deceased in 1846, but does not say when he died. I now believe he died just prior to the 1840 census of TN.
My ancestor is a daughter of Mr. Rose and Didama Rose by the name of Matilda A. Rose.
Green Lee W. Rose named two of his daughters: Didama and Matilda.
I would appreciate any input on this Rose Mixture if anyone has any data or even small clue.
Thanks so much
Margrett McCorkle

This thread: