ROSS-L Archives

Archiver > ROSS > 2008-08 > 1219002682

Subject: Re: [ROSS] Ross Family in Texas
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:51:22 EDT

I've been out of the country and am slow to respond to this message, but
wanted to say that while my Ross's migrated from Barnwell County, SC to Conecuh
County,AL(by 1850) to Panola County,TX (by 1860) and do not appear connected,
the names are so familiar that I have decided to once again post the names
of my brick wall and his wife and children.

Children of Edward Ross and Elizabeth Butler are:
+ 2 i. Joseph Lace2 Ross, born November 28, 1822.
+ 3 ii. Edward Frederick Ross, born November 01, 1824; died September 07,
1907.
+ 4 iii. Mary Caroline Ross, born November 20, 1826 in South Carolina; died
February 20, 1894 in Panola County, TX.
+ 5 iv. John Henry Ross, born March 06, 1829 in South Carolina; died May
30, 1885 in Panola County, TX.
6 v. Elizabeth Ross, born April 06, 1831; died 1903.
+ 7 vi. Daniel Butler Ross, born September 25, 1835; died 1857-1960.
+ 8 vii. Alice (Licey) Ross, born February 22, 1836.
+ 9 viii. Arthur Brown Ross, born February 16, 1838; died January 02, 1883
in Carthage, TX.
10 ix. James A. Ross, born October 12, 1840; died in Conecuh County,
Alabama.

In a message dated 4/29/2007 9:40:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,