ROUNDY-L Archives

Archiver > ROUNDY > 2001-07 > 0995002758

From: <>
Subject: Re: Roundy Family Reunion
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:39:18 -0600

Here is the info I have on it.

Brenda Tanner,
Descendant of Shadrach through his son Lauren Hotchkiss Roundy.

Shadrach Roundy (1789-1872) Reunion
July 21, 2001

North Park
1600 N. 1400 W.
Mapleton, Utah 84663

All day - starts at 9 a.m.
Bring own food and eating utensils

Quilt made by family members to be raffled

Directions to get there:
Take Exit 263 (Springville, Mapleton)
Drive into Springville. At the 1st red light (Main Street)
turn right. Drive just a little over a block, the road
forks. There will be a Mapleton sign. Take the right
fork. Drive 1.1 miles, then turn left on 1600 North
in Mapleton. Drive east to 1400 West. It is the
North Park.

There will be reports on Shadrach and all his children.
We have the opportunity to get to know each other again.
There will be books there on "The Roundy Family in America"
There will be samples of other books written on the Roundys
Some histories and pictures have been collected and can be seen.

We are collecting materials on all of Shadrach and Betsey's
descendants

Thank you all, and See You There!

Renee
Shadrach and Betsey QUIMBY ROUNDY descendants Reunion

Rene Mounteer is organizing the Renion in Mapleton, UT. July 21,
2001. (Renee- descendant of Lorenzo Wesley)

It will be a bring your own food, all day long full of activities and
family history (bring the histories and photos you have). She is
collecting the information and the family descendantcies to put
together a CD-ROM. What she has collected will be on display. She
has asked a descendant from the families of each of Shadrach's
children to tell that family story.

There will be a hand-made family quilt Raffel. Many descendants have
made squares. Lark made 6 squares. One each for Samantha and
Almedia Sophia and their husband John Davis Parker. Also for two of
Lorenza's wives and an extra just in cast someone was forgotten.

Contact Renee Mounteer
801/489-6909
190 South Canyon Ave., Springville, UT 84663

> Hi, all.
> I am curious as whether anyone has information on the Roundy Reunion
in Utah
> this summer.
> Please post details. Thanks.
> Alicia Roundy Houston