RUDDLESFORT-L Archives

Archiver > RUDDLESFORT > 2007-12 > 1196697028

From: "Mary Ellen Greer" <>
Subject: Re: [RUDDLESFORT] Early Families of Bourbon County,Kentucky-john Moore die Fort Ruddles-Name list and pedigree chartsof
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:50:28 -0600

The more names you write about....the more curious I've become. I see many
of the names...which were last names in the town of Caney, Kansas.

My dad use to hunt with the Indian children along the banks of the Caney
River. As he was born in 1905, and told us stories about the Indians still
moving across the plains in "his era" to different parts of the country, at
different parts of the year.

As children we would go along the banks and find old arrow heads, and I have
a couple of rocks which look like they could've been used as a tool in some
way.

But...names like Burrows, McClure, Martins, Greers, Easterling, Estes, as
I've mentioned before. Never thought about any of them having Indian
background, however, anything is possible with all that I read on this web.
This is quite an interesting read. Thanks for all the information.

Mary Ellen Franks~Greer