RUSSELL-UK-L Archives

Archiver > RUSSELL-UK > 2003-07 > 1059357175

From: "Lynn and Bill Russell" <>
Subject: Robert Russell ?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:52:57 -0500

My GGGgrandfather was born 1799 in North Carolina and died 1872 in Georgia. In an 1855 biography it is stated that he (William James Russell) was descended from the same family stock as Lord John Russell of England. Can anyone interpret what that may mean??
His Ggrandfather was supposedly a Robert Russell of Antrim County Ireland(born @ 1710) who came to America in 1745 with sons William, James, Matthew, and Robert.
Could these Russells have orginated in England and migrated to Scotland/Ireland in the 1600's??
My wife also has a Thomas Russell in England in the 1800's who may have been married to Hart. Their daughter-Martha Russell married a James Corbett about 1865 and lived in Durham County, Northumberland, England.
Thanks in advance !

Bill Russell

This thread: