RUTLEDGE-L Archives

Archiver > RUTLEDGE > 1999-07 > 0931224424

From: Carol or Donavon Rutledge <>
Subject: Re: [RUTLEDGE-L] VA Rutledges 1700's--brick wall
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 20:27:04 -0500

At 11:07 PM 6/25/1999 EDT, wrote:
>Also, has anybody tried to link the various Rutledges in VA in the 1700's?
>Maybe if everybody posts who they know of then and there, we can figure out
>some links??? Help help!

Hi Cyndi... Good idea. (We just got back from a trip to Maine and Mass. So
I'm coming into this conversation a bit late.)

Here is our possible link to VA in the 1700s:

Elizabeth Allen Rutledge (mother of Fountain Rutledge b. 1796, in the
year that Jessamine County was formed in Kentucky.)

Supporting information: Elizabeth Allen Rutledge (late 1790s) inherited
land in Charlottes Court House, VA with Walkers - maybe sisters. The
three women were Mary Walker, Mary Walker Junieress, and Elizabeth Allen
Rutledge. Their lawyer was Matthew Williams Walker.

Jim Small (Maui) found the following information on a Family Treemaker
cd Vol 13 pedigree 1491:

>In 1725, New Kent Co VA, Robert Allen b year unk, England died in 1725,
>St Peters Parish,New Kent Co VA. Robert Allen was married to Elizabeth
>Walker ( date and place of marriage unk) Robert Allen & Elizabeth
>Walker had a son William Allen who married Mary Ann Owens. The only
>child listed for William Allen and Mary Ann Owens was a daughter Nancy
>Ursula Allen. Also living in St Peters Parish, New Kent Co., VA were
>other Allen families.

Does anyone else see anything here? Don? Marie? Freida? Anyone who has an
Owens? CBR

This thread: