SACKETT-L Archives

Archiver > SACKETT > 2009-08 > 1249439370

From: Thurmon King <>
Subject: Re: [SACKETT] 1861 Canadian Census entry for Shepard Sackett
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:29:30 -0700

Although the Canadian census gives the birthplace of Ezekiel and Hannah as
NS; I would be more inclined to accept what Hannah reported as their
birthplace in the 1880 census.

If the NY birthplace is correct; Ezekiel could be W #1244-Ezekiel Sackett,
son of Menardus and Fanny Nimocks Sacket.
Menardus had sons:
1. W #1536-Capt. Gideon Shepard Sacket (father of Gen. Delos Bennett Sacket]
2. W #1241-George Sacket who had sons: Porter M.; George Augustus [had a son
Porter W.]; Charles E.; and Gideon Shepard
3. Porter
4. Corydon
5. Ezekiel

The Ezekiel in the 1861 census in Canada had
1. Augustus C. [son Charles A.]
2. Gideon Shepard [sons Clarence and Porter]

It is suggestive.

Thurmon