SACKETT-L Archives

Archiver > SACKETT > 2009-08 > 1249888224

From: Thurmon King <>
Subject: Re: [SACKETT] Sackett Michigan Death Records ONLINE
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:10:24 -0700

Sandy,

That is W#12971-Samuel B. Sackett, son of Dr. David Filer Sackett and Martha
Milliken. He is I3860 in the Sackett database. His wife was Lucinda Frances
Preston (1816-1882)

The death record will help with some conflicting information I have from
other sources. The DAR has his death as Apr. 1899 (DAR #161609). A cemetery
transcription has his death year as 1898.
http://www.interment.net/data/us/mi/cass/bly/bly%5Fs.htm
Bly Cemetery, Marcellus, Cass County, Michigan
Sackett, Samuel, b. 1810, d. 1898

The one giving the information for the death certificate didn't have the
correct information for the birthplace of Samuel's parents. David was born
in Connecticut and Martha was born in Pennsylvania.

Thurmon