SANDERS-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > SANDERS-DNA > 2010-09 > 1285272496

From: "Charla Murphy" <>
Subject: [SANDERS-DNA] Sanders of Robertson County, TN to IL
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:08:16 -0500

Hello:

I am working on the Sanders family from Camden District, Richland County, SC
to Robertson County, TN which then fell into what is today Cheatham County,
TN (some of the family stayed there) to Williamson County, IL and Scott
County, MO (Richmond) and Johnson & Reynolds County, MO (Lawson Sanders and
his descendants).

A DNA project is also underway through familytreedna which has proven
relationship among two of William and Mariah/Mary's children. Our goal now
is to find a connection from the descendants of William Sanders who died in
1803 in Robertson County, TN. Perhaps our Sanders line will be established
through a match to others who are testing and know from "whence they came."
So far my cousin Dave Sanders kit no. 19986 (Luke descendant of Williamson
County, IL) and Glen Sanders kit no. 162886 (Richmond descendant of Scott
County, MO) have tested and matched. We now need a Lawson Sanders (son of
Andrew Sanders & Mary Price) descendant or others from the lines listed
below to test to prove the relationship to William Sanders who died about
1803 in Robertson County, TN.

We need Sanders descendants from the following persons to test:

1. Robert Sanders married Judith Maxey d. by Dec 1852 Robertson County, TN

2. James C. Sanders married Cynthia Gent d. abt Nov 1846 Stoddard County,MO.

All his children were reared in Williamson County, IL by the children of
William Sanders and Mariah.

3. Andrew Sanders married 1) Lucinda Riley Gent & 2) Nancy Bandy. Probably
died before 1849 Williamson County, IL

4. Isaac Sanders Jr. married Dilly Gent. Said to be living at Paducah, KY in
his father in law's (Charles Gent) estate settlement papers.

5. Luke Sanders d. before 12 Nov 1810 Robertson County, TN when
administration was appointed to Wm. Meneese 12 Nov 1810. Left unnamed minors
in guardianship papers. May be the son of Thomas Sanders d. 1802 Edgecombe
County, NC. Has a strong connection to an Isaac Sanders, both of them buying
and selling land together in Rutherford County, TN (1805 - 1808). Luke is
found buying and selling land in Wilson County, TN (1808) and living in
Robertson County, TN.

6. Lawson Sanders b. 18 Oct 1816 Robertson County, TN, d. 26 Oct 1881
Reynolds County, MO

7. William Sanders d. 1803 Robertson County, TN. Wife, Sarah. Will mentions
daughters, Ellither, Sarah Jent(wife of Charles Jent/Gent), Mary Lewis (wife
of Jacob Lewis), Elizabeth Miles (wife of John Miles), Fanny Evans (spouse
unknown to me), Rachel Moake (wife of Jacob Moake), Lydia Bass (wife of Job
Bass)

Sons: Isaac Sanders Sr.

Gabriel Sanders married Sarah Simmons

Andrew Sanders b. 1765 South Carolina, d.1822 Robertson County,TN
married Mary Price

James Sanders

I believe the above named persons belong in our family group but have no
paper proof, only speculation. DNA would confirm relationship.

If you have any questions or connections please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Charla Schroeder Murphy

Visit the Williamson County, IL Historical Society www.thewch.com

This thread: