SANDIDGE-L Archives

Archiver > SANDIDGE > 2002-04 > 1019500646

Subject: [SANDIDGE-L] Re: Kentucky Sandidges (of Lincoln County)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:37:26 EDT

Glen,

There are several descendant of KY SANDIDGE families on this list. Some,
like myself are descendants of the Green Co. SANDIDGE Family. Others are
from the Lincoln Co., KY branch.

The family of Larkin SANDIDGE and Almira HOCKER were of the Lincoln Co.
SANDIDGE Family. Larkin was the son of John W. SANDIDGE and Patience
COLEMAN, who raised eleven children in Lincoln Co., KY.

Briefly, I show your line as:

John SANDIDGE (ca. 1655 - 1705/1707) & Mary VAUGHN
William SANDIDGE (1698 - ca. 1746) & Anne PULLIAM (1701-1794)
John SANDIDGE (aft. 1727 - 1803) & Keziah GATEWOOD (ca. 1730 - ca. 1796)
Larkin SANDIDGE (ca. 1757 - 1820) & ?????
John W. SANDIDGE (1781 - 1863) & Patience COLEMAN (ca. 1784 - 1864)
Larkin SANDIDGE (ca 1813 - ) & Almira HOCKER

You can find more information if you will search the SANDIDGE list archives:
http://searches2.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl

This is not my direct branch of the SANDIDGE tree, and I'm sure others on
this list will gladly provide more thorough information. I show that my
5g-gf, Captain John SANDIDGE of Green Co., and your 5g-gf, Larkin SANDIDGE of
Lincoln Co., were first cousins.

I'm also sure many people on this list would be pleased if you would share a
transcription of the Larkin & Almira SANDIDGE Family Bible with us. I know
it would be quite interesting to me.

Regards,
Bill Vincent <>
(5g-gs of Captain John SANDIDGE and Mary WOOD)
http://users.aol.com/wmrvincent/genealogy/briefpedigree.html