SCEDGEFI-L Archives

Archiver > SCEDGEFI > 2005-06 > 1118933628

From: Dr Constance T McNeill <>
Subject: Re: Mary Elizabeth Pinson Dorn
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:53:48 -0400

Billy, It would appear that this is the 2nd wife of Kelly Dorn. She is
listed only as Lizzie in other documents. I did have an Osborne marriage
to a Lizzie. The son James A married Elizabeth Starnes.....

Kelly was married first to Frances Emma Hagood, d/o James and Mary W.
Timmerman Hagood.
They had 5 children. In 1910 Kelly is a widower and in 1920 he is married
to Lizzie.

Here is a quick report.

Descendants of Joel W Pinson
Generation No. 1

1. JOEL W1 PINSON was born Abt. 1803 in Abbeville Co, SC. He married MARY
MARTHA HEFFMAN. She was born Abt. 1807 in Abbeville Co, SC.

Child of JOEL PINSON and MARY HEFFMAN is:
2.i.MARY ELIZABETH2 PINSON, b. Abt. 1853, Abbeville Co, SC; d. Greenwood
Co, SC.

Generation No. 2
2. MARY ELIZABETH2 PINSON (JOEL W1) was born Abt. 1853 in Abbeville Co,
SC, and died in Greenwood Co, SC. She married (1) LEONARD A OSBORNE. He
was born Abt. 1843 in Abbeville Co, SC. She married (2) KELLY DORN Abt.
1911 in Edgefield Co, SC, son of OLIVER DORN and MARYANN HARLING. He was
born 19 Feb 1852 in Edgefield Co, SC1, and died 29 Jul 1926 in Greenwood,
Greenwood Co, SC.

Notes for KELLY DORN:
In 1860 Edgefield Census, Kelley (male) is 7 years of age, living with
parents.
In 1870 Edgefield Census, Kelley is 17 years of age. single. a farm laborer
living with parents.
In 1910 Greenwood Census, Kelly is 56 years of age, a farmer born in SC
with parents born in SC, a widower, living with son James D age 32 in
Ninety Six Township,
In 1920 Greenwood Census, Kelley is 65 years of age, a janitor at the Court
House, married to Lizzie age 67. Living with him are Fannie Pinson age 30
a niece and Milton Townsend age 49 a boarder.

More About KELLY DORN and MARY PINSON:
Marriage: Abt. 1911, Edgefield Co, SC

Child of MARY PINSON and LEONARD OSBORNE is:
3.i.JAMES A3 OSBORNE, b. 07 Oct 1877, Abbeville Co, SC; d. 01 Feb 1935,
Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC.

Generation No. 3

3. JAMES A3 OSBORNE (MARY ELIZABETH2 PINSON, JOEL W1) was born 07 Oct 1877
in Abbeville Co, SC, and died 01 Feb 1935 in Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC.
He married ELIZABETH STARNES in Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC. She was born
06 Jun 1878 in Abbeville Co, SC, and died 22 Jun 1952 in Ninety Six,
Greenwood Co, SC.

More About JAMES A OSBORNE:
Burial: Elmwood Cemetery, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC

More About ELIZABETH STARNES:
Burial: Elmwood Cemetery, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC

More About JAMES OSBORNE and ELIZABETH STARNES:
Marriage: Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC

Child of JAMES OSBORNE and ELIZABETH STARNES is:
i.BENJAMIN AUGUSTUS4 OSBORNE, b. 13 Mar 1901, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co,
SC; d. 19 Feb 1970, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC2; m. JULIA HERBERT, Ninety
Six, Greenwood Co, SC; b. 12 Sep 1905, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC; d. 15
Aug 1996, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC2.

More About BENJAMIN OSBORNE and JULIA HERBERT:
Marriage: Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC

Endnotes

1. Old Families of McCormick Co, SC by Willie Mae Gilchrist Wood, 1860,
1870 Edgefield Census, 1920 Greenwod Census.
2. Tombstone in Elmwood Cemetery, Ninety Six, Greenwood Co, SC.