SCEDGEFI-L Archives

Archiver > SCEDGEFI > 2006-09 > 1157337020

From: "Greg Matthews" <>
Subject: Re: [SCEDGEFI] Re: to Maryloo regarding Mary Watson
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 22:30:20 -0400

Billie,

maryloo (Marilyn) is a cousin that I just met for the first time a couple of
months back when me and one of my uncles drove down to Edgefield to meet her
for lunch. Marilyn's grandmother (my great grandmother) was Nancy (Nannie)
Belle Owdom who married Ernest Gary Matthews. At the bottom here I'll paste
a tree showing the confirmed family as I have it now. I suggested that
Marilyn subscribe to the list as I haven't had the time to look very deep
into this family beyond what I have. H.C. Ouzts kindly sent me his Owdom
spreadsheet a while back which I gave to Marilyn to give her some ideas on
where to look and she's working off the assumption that if you go back
further than what I have we are descended from a Willis Odom and Mary
Watson. The portion of the tree that I have confirmed is:

Descendants of Willis OWDOM
---------------------------
1-Willis OWDOM
+Nancy C.
|--2-William W. OWDOM b. Abt 1851, South Carolina
|--2-James OWDOM b. Abt 1853, South Carolina
|--2-Theophilus A. OWDOM b. Abt 1857, South Carolina
+Corrie E. STILL b. Abt 1860, South Carolina, d. 18 Nov 1952, Richmond
County, GA
|--3-Clifford Willis OWDOM b. Sep 1879, South Carolina, d. Bef 1968
| +Margaret A. LOGUE b. Abt 1889, South Carolina, d. 18 Sep 1968,
Augusta,
| GA
|--3-Dora OWDOM b. Dec 1883, South Carolina
|--3-Nancy Belle OWDOM b. Aug 1885, Edgefield County, SC, d. After 18 Nov
| 1952, Macon, GA
| +Ernest Gary MATTHEWS b. 13 Sep 1885, Saluda County, SC, d. 4 Oct
1935,
| Columbus County, GA
|--3-Ad??? OWDOM b. May 1887, South Carolina
|--3-Annie Lee OWDOM b. Aug 1888, South Carolina
| +Frank LOGUE d. 26 Sep 1924, Meeting Street, Edgefield County, SC
|--3-Lillie Mae OWDOM b. May 1891, South Carolina, d. 1 May 1987,
Augusta, GA

| +Henry Wright McMANUS d. Bef 1987
|--3-Marie OWDOM b. Apr 1893, South Carolina
|--3-Corine OWDOM b. May 1894, South Carolina
| +Llewellyn Grady WALKER b. Abt 1894, d. 23 Feb 1969, Augusta, GA
|--3-James Jolly OWDOM b. Sep 1895, South Carolina
|--3-Esther OWDOM b. Nov 1897, South Carolina
|--3-Mary L. ODOM b. Abt 1901, South Carolina

Marilyn is looking to go further back in time than what I have here.

Greg