SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Hieronymus <>
Subject: Heritage Associations
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 16:18:23 -0700

Trying to determine if there is still an active group of North Frisian
descendants in USA. I have copies of "The Frisian Roundtable", published
(1976-86) by Roy Ketlesen, as part of a group called Foehrer und Amrumer
K. U. Verein. The group met regularly in Franklin Square, on Long
Island, NY. Is there any such or similar group still functioning where
there is an exchange of information about the North Frisian cultural
heritage? I am new to this roots web site, but an avid historian for
many years. My grandparents came from Foehr, family name HOLM, in
1886/91.

This thread: