SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Bryson Wilson" <>
Subject: Bernard Village, Mecklenburg Schwerin
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 99 21:57:13 PST

My great grandfather John Peter Christopher Smith/Schmidt was a German shepherd who accompanied a shipment of Mecklenburg and Saxon Merino rams to Australia in 1854.

Although this genealogy group is focussed on Schleswig-Holstein, I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me on the location of Bernard Village, Mecklenburg-Schwerin as that is where he was born.

In 1867 at Tamworth, in Australia, he married Hannah Marthalena Elizabeth Stieger. Her birth place is known to me only as Holstein, Germany. Her parents were John Steiger and Doris Rynan and she was born about 1853. Yes - she was only 14 when she took her marriage vows.

Hoping for some guidance or information

Bryson Wilson
Pennant Hills, Sydney, Australia
Hot summer weather and the bark is falling off my gum trees onto the lawn.

This thread: