SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "schmid" <>
Subject: Re: New to list & need help
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:31:04 -0800

Robert, thanks for the tip, I should have known better.
My ggfather's name was Herman von Sprekelsen.
Unknown date of birth. He was with the H.J. Perlbach
& Co. shipping line joining them in 1887. He was
appointed Captain of the "Minerva" in 1897. I have
several articles from German Newspapers & one from
an English Newspaper where he was involved in several
sea rescues between 1896 and 1900 and was cited by
German, Norway & England. His 1st wife's surname was
believed to have been Trost. 2nd wife's surname, unknown.
My gmother came to America around 1890, alone at the age
of 16, after her mother, (Trost) had died. Herman resided in
or around Hamburg.
Ron
SCHMID, VON SPREKELSEN, TOFANELLI, PERONDI