SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Charles F. Dirst" <>
Subject: Re: Petersens in Schleswig-Holstein
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:53:17 -0600

Ray Scott,
Your question to Margaret Flory re: Petersen family mentioned Blair
Nebraska and a Petersen married to a ? Lorenzen. This intrigued me because
I have a friend named Henry Tiedemann who lives in Alt Duvenstedt in
Schleswig-Holstein. i recently received a letter from Henry about his US
visit last July. He visited relatives in Blair Nebraska, and mentioned an
83 year old Carl Lauritzen as his host. Henry is not on line, but I would
like to find out if there is a tie to your Lorenzen and to Blair, Nebraska.
Then I would write to Henry who is interested in finding out more about the
families from Alt Duvenstedt that emigrated to the US. He is writing a book
about Alt Duvenstedt. We visited him last June in Alt Duvenstedt to discuss
my wife's mothers side of the family, Plahns and Hagges, who emigrated to
Iowa in the mid 1880's.
Chuck Dirst
Morton, Illinois

This thread: