SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Schumacher Family <>
Subject: Re: Petersens in Schleswig-Holstein/Plahns???
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:36:20 -0700

Chuck,
This is really strange. I have a Plahn family in my line. Don't know a whole
lot about them yet because I've been working on the other side of the tree. I
have a Martin PLAHN born on 29 Nov 1843 in Holstein. He died 10 Dec 1928 in
Iowa. His parents were C.W. and Louise. Don't have anymore info on his
ancestors. We still keep in touch with Plahn's in Iowa! Drop a line if you
know any more! Trish

Charles F. Dirst wrote:

> Ray Scott,
> Your question to Margaret Flory re: Petersen family mentioned Blair
> Nebraska and a Petersen married to a ? Lorenzen. This intrigued me because
> I have a friend named Henry Tiedemann who lives in Alt Duvenstedt in
> Schleswig-Holstein. i recently received a letter from Henry about his US
> visit last July. He visited relatives in Blair Nebraska, and mentioned an
> 83 year old Carl Lauritzen as his host. Henry is not on line, but I would
> like to find out if there is a tie to your Lorenzen and to Blair, Nebraska.
> Then I would write to Henry who is interested in finding out more about the
> families from Alt Duvenstedt that emigrated to the US. He is writing a book
> about Alt Duvenstedt. We visited him last June in Alt Duvenstedt to discuss
> my wife's mothers side of the family, Plahns and Hagges, who emigrated to
> Iowa in the mid 1880's.
> Chuck Dirst
> Morton, Illinois

This thread: