SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "George Niesl" <>
Subject: Re: Wöbs in Ostholstein
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:58:35 -0800

Hello Arthur!

I need to know how I can get information about ancestors in the 19th and
earlier centuries from the communities of Grossenrade, St. Michaelisdonn,
and Suederhastedt in Dittmarschen Sued. I wrote to the Evangelical Church
Community in St. Michelisdonn and they said they don't have the resources to
search for the data I want. Where do I look?

I appreciated seeing your definition of the word "koog". Do you also know
the meanings of other town-name endings, such as "borstel, buettel, donn,
groven, kleve, wisch"? Thanks for your responses to other questions; they
have been very helpful to me.

Mit freundlichen gruesse, George W. Niesl