SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: <>
Subject: Re: [S-H-RTS] Deutsches Familienarchiv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:14:10 EST

Hi everyone!

I'm intrigued by the discussion of Deutsches Familienarchiv and the book by
Gunter Finke.

I have an ancestor, Sebastian Fischer, who according to Dr. Charles Adam
Fisher, a descendent of Sebastian's and a professional genealogist, that
Sebastian came from Hadamar, Germany. Dr. Fisher died before he was able to
publish his book on the Fishers but I do have his notes. It was Gunter Finke
who told Charles Fisher about Sebastian's ancestry. What I am trying to find
out is, if Gunter Finke's information is included in the Deutsches
Familienarchiv. I understand that Gunter Finke is deceased, but does someone
have more information on him and the research that he did? The letter to Dr.
Fisher from Gunter Finke is all that I have regarding this research. I
realize this is complicated, but I jumped when I saw the name Gunter Finke.
I sure would appreciate any information that anyone might have.

Lois in Lexington, KY, USA

This thread: